Kom igång med Bootstrap, världens mest populära ramverk för att bygga lyhörd, mobil anpassade webbplatser.
Looking to quickly add Bootstrap to your project? Use BootstrapCDN, provided for free by the folks at StackPath. Using a package manager or need to download the source files? Head to the downloads page.
Copy-paste the stylesheet
<link> into your
<head> before all other stylesheets to load our CSS.
<script>s near the end of your pages, right before the closing
We use jQuery’s slim build, but the full version is also supported.
Curious which components explicitly require jQuery, our JS, and Popper.js? Click the show components link below. If you’re at all unsure about the general page structure, keep reading for an example page template.
- Alerts for dismissing
- Buttons for toggling states and checkbox/radio functionality
- Carousel for all slide behaviors, controls, and indicators
- Collapse for toggling visibility of content
- Dropdowns for displaying and positioning (also requires Popper.js)
- Modals for displaying, positioning, and scroll behavior
- Navbar for extending our Collapse plugin to implement responsive behavior
- Tooltips and popovers for displaying and positioning (also requires Popper.js)
- Scrollspy for scroll behavior and navigation updates
Be sure to have your pages set up with the latest design and development standards. That means using an HTML5 doctype and including a viewport meta tag for proper responsive behaviors. Put it all together and your pages should look like this:
Bootstrap employs a handful of important global styles and settings that you’ll need to be aware of when using it, all of which are almost exclusively geared towards the normalization of cross browser styles. Let’s dive in.
Bootstrap requires the use of the HTML5 doctype. Without it, you’ll see some funky incomplete styling, but including it shouldn’t cause any considerable hiccups.
Responsive meta tag
Bootstrap is developed mobile first, a strategy in which we optimize code for mobile devices first and then scale up components as necessary using CSS media queries. To ensure proper rendering and touch zooming for all devices, add the responsive viewport meta tag to your
You can see an example of this in action in the starter template.
For more straightforward sizing in CSS, we switch the global
box-sizing value from
border-box. This ensures
padding does not affect the final computed width of an element, but it can cause problems with some third party software like Google Maps and Google Custom Search Engine.
On the rare occasion you need to override it, use something like the following:
With the above snippet, nested elements—including generated content via
::after—will all inherit the specified
box-sizing for that
Learn more about box model and sizing at CSS Tricks.
For improved cross-browser rendering, we use Reboot to correct inconsistencies across browsers and devices while providing slightly more opinionated resets to common HTML elements.
Stay up to date on the development of Bootstrap and reach out to the community with these helpful resources.
- Follow @getbootstrap on Twitter.
- Read and subscribe to The Official Bootstrap Blog.
- Join the official Slack room.
- Chat with fellow Bootstrappers in IRC. On the
irc.freenode.netserver, in the
- Implementation help may be found at Stack Overflow (tagged
- Developers should use the keyword
bootstrapon packages which modify or add to the functionality of Bootstrap when distributing through npm or similar delivery mechanisms for maximum discoverability.
You can also follow @getbootstrap on Twitter for the latest gossip and awesome music videos.